Good morning Year 1!
We hope you are all keeping well. Our activities for today are listed below:
1. Topic- Memory rhymes PowerPoint/video posted below. Once you have opened the document, set it to full screen mode and the audio will start automatically. You then need to click through the slides. The PowerPoint and video are exactly the same, choose which format you prefer or you can access.
2. Reading- In my Heart. Video and questions posted below.
3. Maths- Tens and ones.
PowerPoint/video posted below. Once you have opened the document, set it to full screen mode and the audio will start automatically. You then need to click through the slides. Resources are posted in the documents below. The PowerPoint and video are exactly the same, choose which format you prefer or you can access.
4. Phonics- Activities are posted below. Pupils should know which Phonics groups they were in last term, if unsure please email and we can assist.
Join in and boogie with Oti, in this episode we learn how to reach for the sky and shine like the sun.
6. Spelling test- Video posted below.
7. PSHE- Think of a time when someone was kind to you. What happened? What did they do? How did you feel? Draw or write about what happened. Kindness can take many different forms. I would like you to draw an outline of a heart on a piece of paper. Please write down different ideas or ways we can be kind to ourselves or to other people.
Please remember to send any pictures and work to
We cannot wait to see your lovely work and to give you some feedback. Have fun!
In today’s Maths lesson we are looking at tens and ones. By the end of today’s lesson you will be able to use items around your house as manipulatives, such as straws, beads or matchsticks to help you work out the answers. You will recap on prior knowledge and know that numbers are made up of tens and ones and apply this to numbers up to 50. You will also know how to make objects easier to count by grouping them and counting in a line.
Today’s book is called ‘In my Heart’ by Jo Witek and it is read by The StoryTime Family. See if you can answer these questions with your parent as you go through the video, make sure you pause the video in places to give you a chance to answer. Feel free to answer the questions verbally or write your answers down if you want to.