Good morning Year 1!
We hope you are all keeping well. Our activities for today are listed below:
1. Topic- What do babies need? PowerPoint/video posted below. Once you have opened the document, set it to full screen mode and the audio will start automatically. You then need to click through the slides. The PowerPoint and video are exactly the same, choose which format you prefer or you can access.
2. Reading- Room on the Broom. Video and questions posted below.
3. Maths- Add by making 10.
PowerPoint/video posted below. Once you have opened the document, set it to full screen mode and the audio will start automatically. You then need to click through the slides. Resources are posted in the documents below. The PowerPoint and video are exactly the same, choose which format you prefer or you can access.
5. Phonics- activities are posted below. Pupils should know which Phonics groups they were in last term, if unsure please email and we can assist.
6. PE - https://video.link/w/wpgIb
Can you dodge the obstacles on this video game inspired workout?
7. Spelling practice test- video posted below.
Please explore BBC Bitesize’s page on seasonal changes and weather. Please watch the video, then complete the season ordering activity and then complete the quiz.
Please remember to send any pictures and work to email@example.com
We cannot wait to see your lovely work and to give you some feedback. Have fun!
Watch this video as your input to help you understand. We also discuss these types of questions in the PowerPoint, but having an additional explanation may help. Please select the first 'Add by making 10 activity' video.
In today’s Topic lesson we are learning about what babies need and what babies do. Do you have any initial ideas? Me and Miss Soutter had a video call with Daisy and her Mum and asked lots of questions about what Daisy needs and what her Mum does for her. We would then like you to create a poster including a title, interesting facts and pictures about what babies need. Make sure you start your sentences with a capital letter, leave finger spaces between your words, include adjectives and end your sentences with a piece of punctuation.
Today’s book is called ‘Room on the Broom’ by Julia Donaldson and it is read by Alan Mandel. See if you can answer these questions with your parent as you go through the video, make sure you pause the video in places to give you a chance to answer. Feel free to answer the questions verbally or write your answers down if you want to.
Please complete your practice spelling test today. Try your best, you have until Friday to improve your score.