Good morning Year 1!
We hope you are all keeping well. Our activities for today are listed below:
1. Topic- Schools in the Past. PowerPoint/video posted below. Once you have opened the document, set it to full screen mode and the audio will start automatically. Click through the slides. The PowerPoint and video are exactly the same, choose which format you prefer or you can access.
2. Reading- The Runaway Iceberg. Video and questions posted below.
3. Maths- Comparing numbers to 50.
PowerPoint/video posted below. Once you have opened the document, set it to full screen mode and the audio will start automatically. Click through the slides. Resources are posted in the documents below. The PowerPoint and video are exactly the same, choose which format you prefer or you can access.
4. Phonics- Activities are posted below. Pupils should know which Phonics groups they were in last term, if unsure please email and we can assist.
5. PE- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3LPrhI0v-w Join in with Joe Wicks for this 5 minute workout.
6. Spelling test- Video posted below.
7. Science- Try out these different pirate experiments and see what you can find out! PDF posted below.
Please remember to send any pictures and work to
We cannot wait to see your lovely work and to give you some feedback. Have fun!
Today we are learning about what schools used to be like. We will discuss what the classrooms were like, what the equipment was like, how punishment has changed and what the children were taught. There are some video clips to watch too. I would then like you to create a poster to show how schooling has changed. Make sure you compare and contrast what schooling used to be like, and what it is like now. Make sure you include pictures and sentences; you can use the template that I have uploaded onto the website and don’t forget to add some colour to make it eye-catching.
As it has been snowing lots the past couple of days, I thought that a snowy story would be perfect! Listen carefully to the story and see if you can remember information from the story to answer the questions.
How did Gaspar and Rossi know which way land was?
What did the Antarctic Silverfish do to help?
Why did the Blue Whale need to flip his huge tail?
Why did Gaspar and Rossi have to swim back to land?
How did Gaspar feel about swimming?
How do you think Gaspar felt when he made it back, safe to land?
If you would like additional practice before trying the worksheets, then please watch the video on this link. Select the 'Compare numbers within 50' option.