Good morning Year 1!
We hope you are all keeping well. Our activities for today are listed below:
1. Topic - How did the Leopard get its spots? PowerPoint/video posted below. Once you have opened the document, set it to full screen mode and the audio will start automatically. Click through the slides. The PowerPoint and video are exactly the same, choose which format you prefer or you can access.
2. Reading- Some Pets. Video and questions posted below.
3. Maths- Count in 5s.
PowerPoint/video posted below. Once you have opened the document, set it to full screen mode and the audio will start automatically. Click through the slides. Resources are posted in the documents below. The PowerPoint and video are exactly the same, choose which format you prefer or you can access.
4. Phonics- Activities are posted below. Pupils should know which Phonics groups they were in last term, if unsure please email and we can assist.
In this episode, Oti teaches us to walk through the jungle and look for animals.
6. Spellings- Video posted below.
7. Music- Activity posted below.
Please remember to send any pictures and work to
We cannot wait to see your lovely work and to give you some feedback. Have fun!
In today’s lesson we are continuing to count in 5s. By the end of today’s lesson you will be able to use your knowledge of numbers to 50 to count in 5s, you will be able to use pictorials to help you to count in 5s and you will be able to spot and discuss patterns that emerge when counting in 5s. I would like you to watch and join in with the counting in 5s warm up song. I would then like you to have a go at the practice activities on your own. You have a maze activity and some counting in 5s questions.
How to make a zine:
Today’s book is called ‘Some Pets’ by Angela DiTerlizzi it is read by The StoryTime Family. See if you can answer these questions with your parent as you go through the video, make sure you pause the video in places to give you a chance to answer. Feel free to answer the questions verbally or write your answers down if you want to.