Good morning Year 1!
We hope you are all keeping well. Our activities for today are listed below:
1. Topic- Mnemonics PowerPoint/video posted below. Once you have opened the document, set it to full screen mode and the audio will start automatically. You then need to click through the slides. The PowerPoint and video are exactly the same, choose which format you prefer or you can access.
2. Reading- My many coloured days Video and questions posted below.
3. Maths- Numbers to 50.
PowerPoint/video posted below. Once you have opened the document, set it to full screen mode and the audio will start automatically. You then need to click through the slides. Resources are posted in the documents below. The PowerPoint and video are exactly the same, choose which format you prefer or you can access.
4. Phonics- Activities are posted below. Pupils should know which Phonics groups they were in last term, if unsure please email and we can assist.
6. Spellings- Video posted below.
7. PSHE- Draw your feelings Watch this video and have a go at drawing how you feel inside. Have your pictures ready to share at tomorrow morning's zoom call :). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STdJ__8ORyE&feature=youtu.be
Please remember to send any pictures and work to
We cannot wait to see your lovely work and to give you some feedback. Have fun!
Listen to this special story about feelings and how we can feel different on different days.
Have you ever felt like one of these colours?
What is your favourite colour to feel like?
What colour do you feel like today? Why?
Can you do anything to go from feeling like a sad colour to a happy colour? What do you do?
In today’s Maths lesson we are looking at numbers up to 50. Please listen to the counting song first, this is the first time we have looked at numbers beyond 20. By the end of today’s lesson, you will be able to count forwards and backwards within 50, understand that 1 ten is equal to ten ones and you will know what happens when you get to a tens boundary. I would like you to have a go at filling in the number tracks, I will then talk you through some supported questions. For your main task, please pick a worksheet suited to your ability, there is a number track activity or a matching activity. Please pick which one you would prefer to do; you do not need to complete them all. There are some challenge questions on the PowerPoint and some mastery cards on the website for an extra challenge. Make sure place your numbers round the correct way and continue to count in the correct direction. I have included the answers so you can self-assess and mark your own work.