Good morning Year 1!
We hope you are all keeping well. Our activities for today are listed below:
1. Topic- Paws, Claws and Whiskers. PowerPoint/video posted below. Once you have opened the document, set it to full screen mode and the audio will start automatically. Click through the slides. The PowerPoint and video are exactly the same, choose which format you prefer or you can access.
2. Reading- Bird builds a nest. Video and questions posted below.
3. Maths- Count in 2s.
The audio will start automatically. Click through the slides. Resources are posted in the documents below. The PowerPoint and video are exactly the same, choose which format you prefer or you can access.
4. Phonics- Activities are posted below. Pupils should know which Phonics groups they were in last term, if unsure please email and we can assist.
Join Miss Linky for an adventure through the jungle. Learn about some amazing animals, while staying fit and healthy at home! Have fun!
6. Spellings- Video posted below.
7. Science- Push and pull forces. The science activity is related to our story today. The instructions for the science activity are on the last page of the story PowerPoint. We are learning about forces.
Please remember to send any pictures and work to
We cannot wait to see your lovely work and to give you some feedback. Have fun!
Our new Topic for Term 4 is called Paws, Claws and Whiskers. This topic is all about animals, especially pets. By the end of today’s lesson you will discuss your prior knowledge of pets and other animals with your parent, you will create a mind map which includes your prior knowledge or questions that you want to find out about animals by the end of this term. We will discuss the different types of pets that people have, what pets need and how they should be cared for. We will also discuss our animal experiences, have you ever been to a zoo? Do you have a pet? What is your favourite animal? Why?
What did Bird use to cover the inside of her nest?
How were the eggs described?
What is the type of force called when we apply force away from us? Is it push or pull?
What about when we apply a force towards you? Is it push or pull?
What did Bird need to do before she could begin her day of work?
How did Bird make sure the twigs in her nest would stay where she put them and not fall apart?
Science- related to our story
The final page of this story is our science experiment for the day! Listen and try it out with whatever you can find at home. Write a sentence to record your findings.
Please select the 'Counting in 2s Activity' video.