Good morning Year 1!
We hope you are all keeping well. Our activities for today are listed below:
The theme for the day is "Share a Story". Over the course of the day, please share stories to people you know - whether this is to a pet/sibling/cuddly toy/parent/over a video call to a grandparent is up to you. Please create a tally chart and let us know via email how many stories you have shared. There are prizes up for grabs! If you share a story with 3 fish, for example, then this counts as 3 stories shared rather than just 1.
1. What is World Book Day?- Video posted below.
2. Story- Postman Bear by Julia Donaldson. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QSet06S3E0&feature=emb_logo
3. World Book Day Scavenger Hunt. Document posted below.
4. Can you guess the story? PDF posted below.
5. Pick n Mix activities. PDF posted below.
6. Masked Reader- https://www.holytrinityprimarydartford.co.uk/world-book-day-2021/
5. Watch one of your favourite programmes and turn on the subtitles.
Please remember to send any pictures and work to
We cannot wait to see your lovely work and to give you some feedback. Have fun!
What is World Book Day?
World Book Day changes lives through a love of books and shared reading. World Book Day was created by UNESCO on 23rd April 1995 as a worldwide celebration of books and reading. It is marked in over 100 countries around the globe. The first World Book Day in the UK and Ireland took place in 1997 to encourage young people to discover the pleasure of reading. Spending just 10 minutes a day reading and sharing stories with children can make a crucial difference to their future success and it’s fun for all involved. World Book Day continues to encourage children and young people to read for pleasure through its work with authors, illustrators, publishers, bookshops and libraries.
You will need lots of books for this activity! Find each of the things in the books you have. Use the table to record the book you found it in, the page number and whether it was a picture or a word or both!