Good morning Year 1!
We hope you are all keeping well. Our activities for today are listed below:
1. Topic- Christenings. PowerPoint/video posted below. Once you have opened the document, set it to full screen mode and the audio will start automatically. You then need to click through the slides. The PowerPoint and video are exactly the same, choose which format you prefer or you can access.
2. Reading- Stick Man. Video and questions posted below.
3. Maths- Subtraction (crossing 10).
PowerPoint/video posted below. Once you have opened the document, set it to full screen mode and the audio will start automatically. You then need to click through the slides. Resources are posted in the documents below. The PowerPoint and video are exactly the same, choose which format you prefer or you can access.
4. Phonics- Activities are posted below. Pupils should know which Phonics groups they were in last term, if unsure please email and we can assist.
5. PE- https://video.link/w/YBjLb Can you move over the obstacles like the boy in this video? See if you can think of any more ways to move over them. Have a competition against your siblings or parents. Who can do it the fastest?!
6. Spelling practice- Video posted below.
What did children do in the 1930s? Click on the link below and watch the video about what children used to do almost 100 years ago! Maybe life was similar for your grandparents or great grandparents (I know life was like that for my Grandad!) There is also some extra information below the video that you can get a parent to read to you as well. I hope you enjoy learning about what your life would have been like if were you alive 90 years ago!
Please remember to send any pictures and work to
We cannot wait to see your lovely work and to give you some feedback. Have fun!
We are continuing with our celebrations theme, today we are looking at Christenings! Do you know what a Christening is? Have you ever been to one? Have you been Christened? Have you got a picture from your Christening that you could put in your memory box? We are going to discuss why people get Christened and what happens on the special day. I would like you to listen to the slides and then draw a story map to explain what happens on a Christening day. Could you pretend to Christian one of your teddies or dolls? Which prayers would you say? I can’t wait to see your wonderful work 😊
Today’s book is called ‘Stick Man’ by Julia Donaldson and it is read by Storyvision Studios UK! See if you can answer these questions with your parent as you go through the video, make sure you pause the video in places to give you a chance to answer. Feel free to answer the questions verbally or write your answers down if you want to.
Keep practicing your spellings, your practice test is tomorrow!