Good morning Year 1!
We hope you are all keeping well. Our activities for today are listed below:
1. Topic- Baby items. PowerPoint/video posted below. Once you have opened the document, set it to full screen mode and the audio will start automatically. You then need to click through the slides. The PowerPoint and video are exactly the same, choose which format you prefer or you can access.
2. Reading- Commotion in the Ocean. Video and questions posted below.
3. Maths- Add by making 10.
PowerPoint/video posted below. Once you have opened the document, set it to full screen mode and the audio will start automatically. You then need to click through the slides. Resources are posted in the documents below. The PowerPoint and video are exactly the same, choose which format you prefer or you can access.
5. Phonics- activities are posted below. Pupils should know which Phonics groups they were in last term, if unsure please email and we can assist.
6. PE- https://video.link/w/7DXHb
Here is another one of Joe’s short, sharp but intense workouts. The exercise lasts for 20 minutes and will hopefully lift your mood and give you some energy!
7. Spelling practice- video posted below.
8. History- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/z89sxbk
Please explore BBC Bitesize’s page on Queen Victoria. Please watch the video and then complete the ordering activity.
9. Art- https://video.link/w/ycNIb
Draw with Rob, Furry Purry Beancat.
Please remember to send any pictures and work to firstname.lastname@example.org
We cannot wait to see your lovely work and to give you some feedback. Have fun!
In today’s Topic lesson we are going to be discussing baby items. We would like you to find some pictures of when you were a baby. Have you changed much? We then would like you to discuss your favourite baby items with your parent. Have you still got your baby shoes, a baby grow you used to wear, a rattle or a bottle? We would like you to take a picture of your baby item, or you can draw it. We would then like you to write some sentences about your item. Please remember to start your sentence with a capital letter, leave finger spaces between your words, include adjectives, explain why you have picked that item and end your sentence with a piece of punctuation. Please keep your baby photos to one side so you can share them in our Zoom call.
Are you ready for some Commotion in the Ocean?! This is a fantastic rhyming book full of fascinating creatures and facts. I hope you enjoy listening to it as much as I enjoyed reading it for you. You can either watch it as a video or you can flick through it as a PowerPoint. Here are some questions to discuss after listening to the story.
Could you hear any rhyming words? If so, what were they?
What was the most interesting fact you learned?
Have you already seen or heard of any of the creatures in this book? Do you have a favourite?
Which animal lays their eggs on the beach?
Which creature called herself 'gorgeous and lovely'?
Can you remember which creature we et that was the BIGGEST in the whole planet?
We are looking at adding by making 10 again today. Please watch this video as an introduction.
Please select the second video 'Add by making 10'.
How did you do on your practice test? Please practice your spellings, you have until Friday to improve your score.