Good morning Year 1!
We hope you are all keeping well. Our activities for today are listed below:
1. Topic- Snow day memories. PowerPoint/video posted below. Once you have opened the document, set it to full screen mode and the audio will start automatically. Click through the slides. The PowerPoint and video are exactly the same, choose which format you prefer or you can access.
2. Reading- Winnie in Winter. Video and questions posted below.
3. Maths- Ordering numbers to 50.
PowerPoint/video posted below. Once you have opened the document, set it to full screen mode and the audio will start automatically. Click through the slides. Resources are posted in the documents below. The PowerPoint and video are exactly the same, choose which format you prefer or you can access.
4. Phonics- Activities are posted below. Pupils should know which Phonics groups they were in last term, if unsure please email and we can assist.
6. Spellings- Video posted below.
7. History- Find out what a family tree is and make your own.
Please remember to send any pictures and work to
We cannot wait to see your lovely work and to give you some feedback. Have fun!
Today we would like you to think about your favourite snow memory from the last few days. Have you been out to play in the snow? Did you make a snowman? Did you make snow angels? We really hope you have been having lots of fun! We would like you to write down one of your snow memories. What happened? How did it make you feel? What did you do? What did you wear? Remember to start your sentences with a capital letter, leave finger spaces between your words, include adjectives, end your sentences with a piece of punctuation and include a picture too. Go and enjoy the snow while it is still here! We can’t wait to read your memories.
Today’s book is called ‘Winnie in Winter’ by Valerie Thomas and it is read by English Lessons Online. See if you can answer these questions with your parent as you go through the video, make sure you pause the video in places to give you a chance to answer. Feel free to answer the questions verbally or write your answers down if you want to.
If you would like further practice, then please click on this link to watch an additional video. Please select the 'Ordering numbers to 50' video.