Here are some facts about the American artist, Andy Warhol.
- Andy Warhol was born on 6th August 1928 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- He is known for his pop art and his work focuses of the crossover between celebrity, advertising and artistic expression.
- He worked with many forms of media, including: painting, printmaking, photography, drawing, sculpture, film and music. He also started a magazine (called Interview Magazine) and he wrote several books.
- He called his studio The Factory and it became a famous meeting place for creative people and celebrities.
- In the 1960s he produced a series of paintings of iconic American images and objects, these included: Campbell’s Soup cans, dollar bills, Marilyn Monroe and Elvis Presley and Coca-Cola bottles.
- In the 1970s Warhol produced work for many celebrities, including: Mick Jagger, John Lennon and Diana Ross.