Good morning Year 1!
We hope you are all keeping well. Our activities for today are listed below:
1. R.E- What other good news does Jesus bring? PowerPoint/video posted below. Once you have opened the document, set it to full screen mode and the audio will start automatically. You then need to click through the slides. The PowerPoint and video are exactly the same, choose which format you prefer or you can access.
2. Reading- The Ravenous Beast. Video and questions posted below.
3. Maths- Subtraction (not crossing 10).
PowerPoint/video posted below. Once you have opened the document, set it to full screen mode and the audio will start automatically. You then need to click through the slides. Resources are posted in the documents below. The PowerPoint and video are exactly the same, choose which format you prefer or you can access.
4. Phonics- Activities are posted below. Pupils should know which Phonics groups they were in last term, if unsure please email and we can assist.
5. PE- Get ready for a Highland dance workout seeing as it is Rabbie Burns day today! Get your water ready and join Miss Soutter in the videos below.
7. Art- https://video.link/w/uxPJb
Write your numbers first and then turn your numbers into a drawing with Robin Art School.
Please remember to send any pictures and work to firstname.lastname@example.org
We cannot wait to see your lovely work and to give you some feedback. Have fun!
Today we are reading the fantastic book 'The Ravenous Beast'. There are a couple of questions during the story, but most are recall questions today. Have a listen and see how many questions you can answer afterwards. Enjoy!
Slide 1: Have you ever heard of the word ravenous? Do you know what it means?
Slide 6: Do you know what the word ‘loot’ means when she said ‘the King’s loot’?
Can you remember who ate the aeroplane, a parachute, a pot of tea, a hot-air balloon, a tin of beans, a parcel, a kite and a green bus?
Who said, ‘Fip! Flap-doodle!’?
How did the author describe the cat?
Can you remember who said ‘Nibble nibble! Tuck ‘em away!’?
What was your favourite part of this book? Why?
In today’s Maths lesson we will be looking at subtraction but we will not cross 10. You have previously looked at subtraction within 10 and will remember your karate Maths and your subtraction terminology such as subtract, take away and minus. After today’s lesson you will understand the importance of zero and will know that when nothing is taken away the number remains the same. Likewise, when a whole group is taken away there is nothing or ‘0’ left. You will use objects and pictorials to see what you started with, what has happened (what has been subtracted) and what you are left with.