Good morning Year 1!
We hope you are all keeping well. Our activities for today are listed below:
1. R.E- Why is Easter important to Christians? PowerPoint/video posted below. Once you have opened the document, set it to full screen mode and the audio will start automatically. Click through the slides. The PowerPoint and video are exactly the same, choose which format you prefer or you can access.
2. Reading- The Selfish Crocodile Video and questions posted below.
3. Maths- Count in 5s.
PowerPoint/video posted below. Once you have opened the document, set it to full screen mode and the audio will start automatically. Click through the slides. Resources are posted in the documents below. The PowerPoint and video are exactly the same, choose which format you prefer or you can access.
4. Phonics- Activities are posted below. Pupils should know which Phonics groups they were in last term, if unsure please email and we can assist.
Join Miss Linky for a fun workout on the farm and learn about farm animals. You do not need any equipment, but remember to drink enough water.
6. Spellings- Video posted below.
7. Art- Activity posted below.
Please remember to send any pictures and work to
We cannot wait to see your lovely work and to give you some feedback. Have fun!
- Jesus rides into Jerusalem on a donkey- Jesus rides into Jerusalem on a donkey
Jesus is crucified. Jesus comes back to life.
Why did nobody go to the river?
What was wrong with the crocodile?
Who came to the crocodile’s rescue?
What did the crocodile give the mouse as a reward?
Why do you think the crocodile decided to et all the other animals come back to the river to bathe and drink?
How would you describe the mouse?
In today’s lesson we are continuing to count in 5s. By the end of today’s lesson you will be able to use your knowledge of numbers to 50 to count in 5s, you will be able to use pictorials to help you to count in 5s and you will be able to spot and discuss patterns that emerge when counting in 5s. I would like you to watch and join in with the Jack Hartmann counting in 5s warm up song. I will then go through some warm-up questions with you. I would then like you to have a go at the practice question on your own.
Today, we would like you to junk model a pet animal of your choice. Please use whatever you have available at home. You could use toilet roll tubes, carboard boxes, paint, coloured paper or bottle tops. Be creative!