Good morning Year 1!
We hope you are all keeping well. Our activities for today are listed below:
1. R.E- How do Christians share the Good News with Others? PowerPoint/video posted below. Once you have opened the document, set it to full screen mode and the audio will start automatically. You then need to click through the slides. The PowerPoint and video are exactly the same, choose which format you prefer or you can access.
2. Reading- The Scarecrows' Wedding. Video and questions posted below.
3. Maths- Compare number sentences.
PowerPoint/video posted below. Once you have opened the document, set it to full screen mode and the audio will start automatically. You then need to click through the slides. Resources are posted in the documents below. The PowerPoint and video are exactly the same, choose which format you prefer or you can access.
4. Phonics- Activities are posted below. Pupils should know which Phonics groups they were in last term, if unsure please email and we can assist.
Can you follow along and complete all the exercises? How good are you at balancing whilst you do them? Try and be a champion balancer who is nice and controlled with their movements.
6. Spellings- Video posted below.
8. PSHE- Mindfulness - It is mental health week this week and we have a lovely mindfulness activity for you to try today. Take your time, close your eyes and listen. What can you hear? How do you feel? PDF down below.
Please remember to send any pictures and work to
We cannot wait to see your lovely work and to give you some feedback. Have fun!
For maths today, we are learning to compare number sentences. This is very similar to comparing numbers except there is one more step involved. In order to compare number sentences, first we have to work out what each number sentence (sum) is equal to. Once we have the two numbers, we can then compare them. Remember that the crocodile always eats the biggest number! If the numbers are the same as each other, remember to use the equals symbol.
Please watch the video on this link first before working through the PowerPoint:
Please select the 'compare number sentences' video. Once you have watched the video and looked at the PowerPoint, there are some worksheets for you to look at. You only have to complete one remember. The answers are included, so you can mark as you go and see which ones you need to try again.
Remember to do a pre-test on Wednesday and a real test on Friday. Please use the hands-on spelling guide to give you lots of fun ways to practice them
Today in RE we are asking ourselves, ‘how do Christians share the Good News with others?’ By the end of the lesson you will understand that forgiveness is really important to Jesus, forgiveness can bring us peace and praying is also a peaceful activity. As I go through the slides, I would like you to discuss the questions with your parent, feel free to write your answers down. I would then like you to write a sorry prayer. Remember to start your prayer with ‘Dear God’ and end your prayer with ‘Amen’. Remember to start your sentences with capital letters, leave finger spaces between your words, include adjectives and end your sentences with a piece of punctuation.
Today’s book is called ‘The Scarecrows’ Wedding’ by Julia Donaldson and it is read by Storyvision Studios UK! See if you can answer these questions with your parent as you go through the video, make sure you pause the video in places to give you a chance to answer. Feel free to answer the questions verbally or write your answers down if you want to.