Good morning Year 1!
We hope you are all keeping well. Our activities for today are listed below:
1. RE- What does Jesus teach us about forgiveness? PowerPoint/video posted below. Once you have opened the document, set it to full screen mode and the audio will start automatically. You then need to click through the slides.
2. Reading- 'Eat your peas'. Video and questions posted below.
3. Maths- Add by counting on.
PowerPoint/video posted below. Once you have opened the document, set it to full screen mode and the audio will start automatically. You then need to click through the slides. Resources are posted in the documents below.
5. Phonics- activities are posted below. Pupils should know which Phonics groups they were in last term, if unsure please email and we can assist.
6. PE- https://video.link/w/76xHb
Here is another one of Joe’s short, sharp but intense workouts. The exercise lasts for 20 minutes and will hopefully lift your mood and give you some energy!
7. Spellings- PowerPoint posted below. Once you have opened the document, set it to full screen mode and the audio will start automatically. You then need to click through the slides.
8. Art- https://video.link/w/H7xHb
Take a ‘selfie’ self-portrait with Ms Kit.
Please remember to send any pictures and work to email@example.com
We cannot wait to see your lovely work and to give you some feedback. Have fun!
Today’s book is called ‘Eat your Peas’ by Kes Gray and Nick Sharratt. It is read by Markus Monkey from Red Apple Reading. See if you can answer these questions with your parent as you go through the video, make sure you pause the video in places to give you a chance to answer. Feel free to answer the questions verbally or write your answers down if you want to.
Today in Maths we are going to add by counting on. You will explore counting on from a given number, you will see that addition is commutative, but it is easier to add on from the largest number. You will add on to a number that you already have and use visuals and addition stories to help you see what you have started with, what has happened and what you are left with. You will use different representations of physical equipment such as tens frames, bar models and number lines. You will understand what the pictorials represent, for example one counter is equal to one, one chunk of the bar is equal to one and one interval on the number line is equal to one.
Your spellings for this week are posted on the PowerPoint/video.
Remember to do a pre-test on Wednesday and a real test on Friday. Please use the hands-on spelling guide to give you lots of fun ways to practice them.