Good morning Year 1!
We hope you are all keeping well. Our activities for today are listed below:
1. Topic- Chinese New Year. PowerPoint/video posted below. Once you have opened the document, set it to full screen mode and the audio will start automatically. Click through the slides. The PowerPoint and video are exactly the same, choose which format you prefer or you can access.
2. Reading- Dragons in the city Video and questions posted below.
3. Phonics- Activities are posted below. Pupils should know which Phonics groups they were in last term, if unsure please email and we can assist.
Have a go at this fun #ThisIsPE video. Who will be king or queen of the cones in your house?
5. Spellings- Video posted below.
6. PSHE- What made you happy this term? PDF is attached below.
Please remember to send any pictures and work to
We cannot wait to see your lovely work and to give you some feedback. Have fun!
Chinese New Year!
Today is the start of the Chinese New Year celebrations! I would like you to watch the Chinese Zodiac story to find out about the history behind the celebration. Look up the year that you were born, which animal was it the year of? We will then discuss what happens during Chinese New Year and the lead up to it. I would then like you to have a go at practicing your Chinese characters. Can you write your name? Can you write your numbers from 0-10?
Miss Matthes and her son Jamie have kindly recorded how to say some phrases and numbers in Mandarin. Please watch and have a go too. Mandarin is the most widely spoken language in China.